Thursday, March 17, 2011

Nat and I were bopping around to Descent of Ishtar, Doctorin' the Tardis, and Hooked earlier. Last week he was stuck on They Might Be Giants. I've got The Sun is a Mass of Incandescent Gass on permanent replay in my head.

It's the first nice day of spring, which doesn't guarantee that we won't have a blizzard in a few days, but we're enjoying it. We visited some neighbours today and I suckered their fourteen-year-old daughter into babysitting tomorrow. I'm going to be paying her. I think her going rate is ludricrously low and I'm going to pay her extra for dealing with my Tantrum Generator. She'll take Nat to the park during Thomas's naptime. I feel guilty for inflicting my kids on her, even though I'm paying for her, because of some stupid voice in my head saying, "A good Mom would enjoying every single minute of her children's childhood! She would want to be with them all the time and should never want a quiet minute!"

Clearly this voice is insane and I'm ignoring it.

Now to the task of trying to keep Nat quiet through Thomas's afternoon nap today without anyone dying or even having bodily harm inflicted.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

That voice is insane! I desperately hand off Theresa whenever possible! Well, that's not quite true, but I firmly believe I am a better mom when I get some time to myself.

Stuart said...

A good mom does what it takes to keep from throttling her offspring.

To short on time to think of a definition for 'conicksl'. So sad.