Friday, April 22, 2011

Blessed Good Friday!

I kept thinking about writing but somehow either I'm busy or there's a train fanatic on the computer. We visited Nat's friend Peter and his mum and their new baby on Wednesday, and I held her, and had this visceral reaction- this is not my baby! It doesn't smell like my baby!- with alarm bells ringing through all parts of my brain. I got used to it in about three minutes, but it was unsettling, the urge to drop Claudia and run and hug Thomas.

Thomas is walking. He walked all the way across the livingroom yesterday. It's still not efficient compared with crawling, so he saves it for a party trick.

Thomas has slept through the night four times. Nat has gone back to having night terrors, so we're still getting up in the night a couple of times.


We're doing Easter dinner here in a couple of days, and I'm going to do lamb and a smoked pork shoulder. I'm vacillating between roasting and slow-cooking the leg of lamb. I don't roast often, slow-cooking would leave the oven free, I dunno. Both make me nervous because I am not accustomed to cooking meat that costs more than $2/lb.

Geoff and I are going to penitentially housecleaning before going to church.

Nat is saying, "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!". Bye.

No comments: