Saturday, May 14, 2011

Quick post to say that Geoff let me go buy some things I needed today, so I hit up a big mall while reading Acedia and Me, which was an odd combination, and to say that Christine did indeed let me go to the traditional Indian worship thingy at the Rez (Church of the Resurrection, my parents' church, just down the street). It was very nice, the music made me want to dance, and it was extremely hippie charismatic Christian- not bad, but odd. I'm not used to lots of spontaneous prayer anymore. Also, Mrs Darwin, if you happen to read this, I now notice every single time someone says 'just' in a prayer, and it's amazing how many times Charismatics do it.

Dear Father, I just wanted to say that I love you, and You just know how much we just love you. I just wanted to ask you...


They had a sort-of icon of the Theotokos and some candles. I lit a bunch of candles for David, and asked all the people there to pray for him. Everyone keep praying. Latest email from Erika says he's not showing any signs of brain damage and wrote that he understands everything people are saying near him, and can move his extremities. Thank you, God.

Further thoughts about the Satsang and spontaneous prayer- I find the struggle to find appropriate words much harder than the constant stream of traditional prayers- For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world, the Jesus prayer, Hail Marys. I can pray without getting in my own way. I'm also not sure about how I feel about wholsesale adoption of other ethnicity's religious traditions.


This turned out not to be short.

No comments: