Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Thomas was convinced to nap ALONE in his crib. That is very good. I just made nuoc cham (Vietnamese dipping sauce), and that is also good, because it means tomorrow I can make fresh spring rolls or banh mi for lunch or dinner. I love banh mi. That is good, too.

Barring serious accidents, Stuart and I are going out for Mexican tonight. That is VERY good. If we're fortunate, neither of the kids will melt down on Geoff while I'm away, and the proprietors of El Sol will bring us our dinners in less than two hours, and not do their normal act of being surprised that there are customers in their restaurant, and pretend that they've never had anyone actually try to order anything before.

Anyway, I deserve margaritas after the last few nights. I really do.


Why is fish sauce such a gross ingredient, and why does it transform into yumminess when you put it in things?

2 comments:

Alicia said...

what is this ricotta stuffed french toast of which you speak? And is it as good as smitten kitchen's ricotta lemon pancakes?

lissla lissar said...

I don't know if it's as good. You make sandwiches with ricotta with a bit of sugar and vanilla mixed in, and then dip them in egg and milk and fry them. It's quite good. I'm thinking of doing jam and ricotta soon. Sort of Poor Man's Blintzes.