Friday, February 24, 2012

The ice cream was a big hit. I did (did I mention this already?) one batch of peppermint chocolate chip and one chocolate nutella crushed hazelnut espresso, in honour of Stuart asking a few years ago, "Why do you never buy plain ice cream? Why is it always Mocha Lava Chocolate Strawberry Death with Dancing Fire Ants?"

Both are great. I plan to eat many litres of them. It probably works out to about the same price as bought ice cream, or a dollar less, depending on whether I can find whipping cream and condensed milk on sale.

2 comments:

GT said...

Mmmm, sounds good. I added a link to the recipe to the Mumper's blog, too.

lissla lissar said...

It was good. Our friend Stuart did it with vanilla and sliced strawberries yesterday. It's very, very good, and very easy.

you know, right now i have chocolate peppermint ice cream cake, lemon meringue pie, chocolate tea loaf bread pudding, and nutella ice cream i the house, Nat's not here, and I'm not eating any of them. This is wrong. Here I go to eat my head off.