Friday, September 28, 2012

Cookbooks

Nat and I went to the art supply store (see the TARDISES in progress, below. Also, working with a four-year-old helps me overcome perfectionism) and the thrift store yesterday, and we got another set of magnetic building... things (rods and balls) and I got an Eyewitness book on whales for Nat (continuing obsession with squid. Yesterday we learned that squid, octopus, chambered nautiluses, and cuttlefish are all part of the cephalopod family, which means (I just checked with Nat) 'head-foot'. They're a family within the greater family of molluscs.

Also I had to explain why we have a sky and what gravity is.

I scored a copy of Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything, which is very big. I love big chatty cookbooks. Also he has thirty-one ways to vary a basic tomato sauce in five minutes (or something).

This post was brought to you by parentheses.

No comments: