Sunday, September 09, 2012

Nat, Miriam, and Elizabeth sick, Elizabeth and Miriam alternating awake or needing to be held while they sleep all night, brain missing today.

On the bright side, dinosaurs in space! In Doctor Who, which my children are watching right now. I correctly identified an ankylosaurous, and feel smug.

Nat wants to know what four plus four plus four plus four makes (sixteen), babies cranky and full of needing hugs, either having takeout or frozen pizza tonight when Hugh visits.

Since this is going to be free-association day, I want to mention that we saw the same actor twice in twelve hours- David Bradley, who played the bad guy in Who and Lord Walder Frey in Game of Thrones. I object a little bit to his portrayal of Frey, because Frey is supposed to be ninety. He was nicely rude and lecherous, but not old enough.

I made cheddar cheese risotto with riced cauliflower and bacon in it yesterday for dinner, and I think I'll make it into cakes and fry it up for lunch.

2 comments:

so many things to love... said...

Strangely (because this never happens) I have all of the ingredients for your risotto! Tell me your recipe, pretty please?

lissla lissar said...

Not sure it was a recipe, exactly. cook a cup of risotto rice in chicken stock, and when it gets al dente add chopped cauliflower and keep cooking. Add two cups shredded cheddar and torn up ham, cook on low until the cheese melts.