Saturday, October 06, 2012

Happy birthday

To me. I had another pretty bad night with the girls but I'm not as much of a zombie today, and I woke up before any of the children, and am sitting here at the computer in peace, waiting for the kettle to boil for tea. Someone's probably going to wake up soon, so what I ought to do is get organized for breakfast, but I'm sleepy and enjoying sitting.

I've turned thirty-four today (Alicia, shut up. You're almost thirty. Stop asking how it feels to be this old). My plans for the day are to meander slowly around the house doing things, possibly have a nap, and have Indian takeout and the microwave steamed chocolate pudding.

Apropros of the jar of artichokes in my fridge, it occurs to me that if I blended them with cream, garlic, and parmesan, it would make an awesome pasta sauce.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you do get a chance to relax, and enjoy that chocolate pudding. :)

Steph said...

Happy birthday!! Hope it's relaxing and enjoyable.