Sunday, October 14, 2012

Survived

Yesterday made me very sorry for complaining about Friday. I finished the cream puffs yesterday, cried because I was so tired and Thomas wouldn't nap, and spanked Nat for repeatedly hitting Thomas in the head with the glider. I'm trying not to spank Nat because usually reasoning, time-outs, and consequences work much better, but yesterday I didn't have the emotional resources to deal with Nat current streak of going from zero to FULL ON SHOUTING LAWYER MODE when he's been caught doing something wrong. It sounds like:

"I CAN'T STOP!
YOU AREN'T BEING NICE TO ME!
YOU'RE HURTING MY FEELINGS!
THIS WAS MY ONLY CHANCE, AND YOU'RE NOT BEING FAIR!
I HATE YOU!
YOU'RE MEAN!"

And, sigh, since I started writing this Nat came down, started doing something he wasn't allowed to, and started shouting at me, so I put him in his room. Argh.

Most of his rants don't make any sense and getting a word in edgewise is difficult.


Miriam was sick and feverish all night, but I'm hoping she perks up a little. I did get lots of Miriam-cuddles in the night, which was nice.

No comments: