Thursday, November 29, 2012

Brief Light

A package arrived today, in time with the pizza delivery- Brief Light, Sonnets and Other Small Poems, by Sally Thomas, who blogs at Castle in the Sea (see sidebar), and who is always, always worth reading. For Lent last year she wrote a poem every day, and during that chaotic, new-preemie-babies season it was a small joy to open her blog every day and read what she had written.
Brief Light:  Sonnets and Other Small Poems
She promised an autographed copy to any of her readers who would send her their mailing addresses and promise to read her book and write about it. I haven't read the whole thing yet (I've only had it for about three hours, and two of those hours have been spent wrangling children) but I love what I've read.
Hard to pick, but I love this one.

2 comments:

Sally Thomas said...

Thank you! That you've made time to read at all, given your stage of life right now, is a real gift!

lissla lissar said...

No, thank you! I read parts of it to Geoff last night over a glass of wine, and it was delightful. I also got my two copies for gifting from Lulu yesterday, so I'm all set for Christmas, more or less.