Thursday, November 08, 2012

Got today covered

At least so far. Have roasted tomatoes and garlic, made focaccia, unloaded the dishwasher, read The Emperor's New Clothes, put on the laundry, watched Bill Nye about amphibians, and had the kids play with lego and coloured tiles.

Am ignoring that that the floor and kitchen are really messy and that we should probably do some more reading. We seem to be hitting natural science pretty hard, instead of literature. I'm happy to follow the kids' (mostly Nat's) interests right now, but I would like to do more read-alouds, as in, I would like to find someone else to read to him, because I usually feel too busy.

Have also had an argument about whether you need a sonic screwdriver in order to make your bed. I'm right. You don't.

5 comments:

Steph said...

But everyone knows it's so much more fun to make your bed using a sonic screwdriver!!! Why haven't you provided one? In the space cadets, they are standard issue!!! Parents are such earth lubbers.

lissla lissar said...

"Who looks at a screwdriver and thinks, 'This could be more sonic'?"

Cephalopods and Doctor Who form the background theme to Nat's existence. If I could get him an octopus-themed TARDIS he would die of happiness.

Stuart said...

Great, now I've spent half an hour trying to sketch a combination of the two. Only modest success.
Must make dinner, guests coming. Will return to Tardoctopis later.

Tardoctopis, terror of the seas of time!

Interesting. Having just coined that, my iPad is now happily correcting my misspelling to 'Tardoctopis'

lissla lissar said...

Great! You can spend your honeymoon making one for Nat at the farm, and get back just before his birthday!

Make it so it fits in the livingroom, okay?

Steph said...

I want to see pictures.