Monday, November 12, 2012

Interview with Marilynne Robinson

And another writer whose name I don't recognise, sorry. My friend Dora just linked me to this:

http://www.onbeing.org/program/the-mystery-we-are/4910/extraaudio?embed=1

Going to listen to it when I have fewer little people shouting at me. Ive been reading chunks of When I was a Child and Gilead and Housekeeping again, in between Shirt of Flame and something else- anyway, she's probably my favourite writer, all time, beating out Chesterton. Possibly.

2 comments:

jte said...

The other interviewee is Marcelo Gleiser. I was in heaven listening to the interview: Robinson is my favorite writer and Gleiser is a friend whose son was in the same day care program with my daughter.

lissla lissar said...

We still haven't finished it but it's brilliant and it's so nice to hear people talking instead of shouting polemically at each other.

Out of curiosity, how did you end up here?