Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Just about done toilet training

And not in the good, happy way. Nathaniel is wetting himself twice a day, has no interest in not wetting himself unless provided with constant incentive, and even though he's managed a few dry weeks by heavy bribing has never, ever, in two years, stayed dry for more than two weeks, which was the record.

I don't feel like I have the energy for any more battles, inducement, or bribes. I am ready to put him back in diapers for the rest of his life, if that's how he wants it. Also to take away every activity intended for children over two, as punishment. I hate this, and I sort of hate him right now for all the screaming fights about whether or not he should go pee when he's standing in a puddle.

This is beyond stupid.

3 comments:

annsy said...

ARG. I would totally put him back in diapers/pull-ups. If he wants to act "like a baby," then he can be dressed as such.

Also, can you find some activity (camp, tumbling class, etc) that he's just DYING to do, but that requires no diapers? Then it's, "Gee, son, I'd love to sign you up for that, but they don't allow diapers. It's too bad you still need diapers." That's worked for some kids I know.

lissla lissar said...

The only thing he's doing right now is karate, and he's sort of reluctant. I think the thing I can use to motivate him is computer use, so I'll try it. No using the computer if he doesn't stay dry.

so many things to love... said...

This is terrible, and I can't believe I'm actually suggesting it, but perhaps telling him that if he's still wetting himself there must be something wrong with him so you'll have to give him medicine to make him grow nice and strong so that he can use the potty properly. Say it nicely. Then make him eat a spoon of Cod liver oil every morning.