Tuesday, November 27, 2012

List for today:

Trixie is coming over this morning to help, so I'm going to try to do a list of chores and read some books to my kids and maybe do some crafting. Yesterday I used up all my ability to cope dealing with Nathaniel's very high blood sugar and Thomas's idea that hitting other kids in the face is an acceptable greeting. Plus I was really tired from Sunday's excitement. Today, between me and Trixie:

1. Take everything out of the fridge and freezer and see if it's still edible. It's been saturated with smoke.
2. Wipe down the whole thing and fill with boxes of baking soda.
3. Read at least four books to Nat.
4. Fold all the laundry and put it away.
5. Think about decorating Christmas stockings.
6. If the fridge smells better, pull out frozen food to defrost for the rest of the week.

There, that should be more than I can actually do in one morning, don't you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really want to know more about the fridge fire. I did not know it was possible to set a fridge on fire, but now I can't sleep for fear of spontaneous combustion in my fridge. OK, not really. But it sounds like it must be a great story.

My best fridge story is whey leaking out of a cracked plastic container, getting into the vent, and preventing the fridge from cooling properly. That, or dropping a bottle of Thai fish sauce on the floor, where it smashed and went under the fridge. Strawberry jam may be sticky but at least it doesn't smell as bad as fish sauce all over the floor!

-taxi

lissla lissar said...

An egg carton too near the stove, put back in without noticing it had caught fire. I have just washed everything and pitched a huge quantity of food. Sigh. All my herbs, gone!...