Friday, November 30, 2012

Seven Quick Takes: Bare Minimum

1. I don't think I slept in longer than twenty-minute increments last night.

2. This is why I am not cleaning up from breakfast right now. I have put on a National Geographic video about prehistoric undersea creatures as a vague attempt to be educational, because I'm not sure anything else worthwhile will happen today.

3. Is eight too early to drink Coke? I don't drink coffee and am struggling to stay awake.

4. Nat's blood sugar has been consistently insanely high unless we give him large injections of extra insulin. I read somewhere on a blog that five is about when children start making a short burst of hormones, and I know puberty and its hormonal changes wreak havoc on insulin sensitivity, so I'm wondering if that's it.

5. Nathaniel has just hopped over with his feet in one of Geoff's shoes, unconsciously imitating a Dufflepud (we haven't gotten to The Voyage of the Dawn Treader).

6. I should go do something about the children and state of the house. It's going to be graham crackers and peanut butter for everyone all day, because I haven't baked any bread.

7. The neighbour's roses have bloomed three times this summer, and looking out there are still two persistent pink roses nodding at me, on bare vines, over the top of our fence. That improves the day a little.

2 comments:

Hannah, Horn, and Hannabert said...

I never worry about the house until I wake up in a panic and think, "What would happen if I needed a medical transport?" and then I panic. Good luck with controlling the sugar levels.

lissla lissar said...

Yes. It's like wearing ripped underwear. Ripped underwear attracts careless drivers.