1. There should probably have been a hyphen between earth and shaking.
2. Lorraine went home yesterday after a lovely visit, during which i took both boys to the Royal Ontario Museum, and witnessed just how fast my offspring can run in different directions. I'll post pictures later, and i hope you appreciate them, because it was very difficult to capture anything on a camera while running to prevent Thomas from mauling the dinosaurs/Ming dynasty tomb/Egyptian stonework.
3. Had a visit with Steph and her kids Charlie and Chloe, who are lovely and sweet and so quiet and well-behaved that it made my boys look more like little savage barbarians than usual, although Steph generously remarked that they were very good at sharing.
4. She makes amazing and authentic spice-studded curry, and I either want her to make it for me all the time, or to give me the recipe.
5. I am reading Heather King's Shirt of Flame, which prompted the Litany of Humility yesterday. It's so good. I don't have any tea so I can't rise to an actual description other than saying that she's a wise and perspicacious writer, and her year spent thinking about and praying to St. Therese was fruitful.
6. I should probably have breakfast soon. Corn chips and salsa or leftover Halloween candy?
7. If all four children are shouting, one has a dirty diaper, one is hungry, one is emotionally devastated by separation from her mother, and one is playing with tacks, what would your priorities be?