Saturday, January 12, 2013

Bad mistake

There's a cake decorating/cake baking store near our house (not a bakery- they sell cake pans, cake decorations, paste food colouring) and I went in to pick up fondant and teal food colouring. Suddenly I want to do the equivalent of the Medieval subtleties (food made to look like other food. The four and twenty blackbirds baked in a pie would count).

The cake and cookie decorating books we just received in our massive collection of new books we the catalyst.

Geoff says it seems like the last thing I'd be interested in, because I don't typically do pretty food, and he's right, I don't... but I do love fiddling. And I was struck by the combined sculpting powers of fondant and rice crispie squares.

And now someone will have to stop me before I do this:

It wouldn't be a dragon. I'd do an octopus

No comments: