Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Not going to die

Thomas fell asleep in the stroller on the way home from the store this morning, so he's full of bounce even though he's in his crib. Because he's full of bounce and shouting he has woken up both babies in the twenty minutes everyone has been in bed, and I am in the miserably angry frame of mind that I get into when I can't make the toddler shut up (and it's very, very hard to make a toddler shut up. Try it.).

So in honour of that and because Geoff's out teaching I have made the house a little more sanitary and I am taking the rest of the evening off. Ice cream and books and occasional trips upstairs to comfort babies or shout at the boys, and that's it. I was going to make fun sea creature for Nat's cake but I'm not going to tonight. Hard cider and ice cream and prayers for an okay night.

2 comments:

so many things to love... said...

Yes indeed. And let me tell you what you should NOT get addicted to doing, as I have, making paper snowflakes. Because my sofa is covered in tiny tiny scraps of paper.

lissla lissar said...

I try to avoid making them for that reason. No, really- I love doing certain kinds of crafting and I get really obessive. I really am going to make fondant sea creatures probably tomorrow night.

I love my children, I really do, but I am not impressed with three-year-olds.