Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Going off for Lent

Not blogging, though. I'm going to give up Facebook for Lent. It's not a bad thing, but it's a tug at the back of my mind, constantly calling me back to the computer when I could be doing something else, something (for example) with my children. I can't give up blogs but I can try to only use the internet when some of the kids are engaged in quiet activity or asleep.

My other Lenten discipline is to go to Mass. We haven't gone regularly for about a year, for a huge number of reasons including preemies, no car, naptimes, blood sugar issues, not enough hands to hold them all down during Mass. I'm going to try to make it to Confession at least twice, and Mass (Vigil or morning) every Sunday. It will be penitential. Geoff will stay home with whichever children I choose not to take. I think I can either manage Nat and the girls barely) or Nat and Thomas (also barely). God willing, we'll make it every week.

It just occurred to me that there's a black belt grading not this weekend but next, so I might be taking all the children. By myself. Anyone want to come with me on Sunday the 24th?

No comments: