Still, I want to write this, because I feel like I accomplished nothing today except try to ignore the kids, be grumpy, and read twenty chapters of the fantasy series I've started (The Mistborne trilogy, for everyone keeping track of my reading). I need to have a record of the useful activities today.
1. Read about six five-minute stories to Nat.
2. Made blueberry yogurt muffins for lunch and homemade pizza for dinner.
3. Did a load of laundry.
4. Ran and unloaded the dishwasher twice.
5. Remembered to tell Nat about the beginning of Lent.
6. Fingerpainted with the boys while the girls slept.
7. Didn't kill anyone when they interrupted my reading.
8. Cuddled the World's Crankiest Preschooler a lot. Why do three-year-olds think the more times they tell you to do something, the faster you'll do it? I hate that. They're the ultimate nags.
9. Cuddled a cranky teething baby.
10. Provided hugs, snacks, and blood sugar control all day.
I haven't done any planning at all for Geoff's birthday tomorrow. I've decided to take him at his word that he doesn't want to do anything for Valentine's and particularly for his birthday. The kids made him paintings today.
I think I'll go to bed. It's almost eight. It's time.