Sunday, March 24, 2013

Before I go offline

I have just been looking for snack recipes that include vegetables, and in process have discovered that tomato and zucchini leaves are edible. I am meditating on zucchini chips and bread with pureed beans added. Dinner tonight was going to be takeout because I am so tired, but Geoff took over a lot of the chores and I have pepped up enough to make a batch of croutons and find some cooked sausage in the fridge. Tonight will be pureed vegetable (mostly potato but also carrot and zucchini) soup with sausage, and croutons on top.

We have tons of leftovers in the fridge, including a whole lot of pot roast made with star anise and cinnamon in it, which makes it very fragrant. Might turn it into pasta sauce. Also much homemade macaroni and cheese.

I want asparagus and pea shoot season. That means it has to stop snowing, though.

Still have a thousand pounds of chips and candy lying around. Anyone want some gummis?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tomato leaves?? I always thought those were poisonous. I'll have to look into that.

-taxi