Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Do I have energy to leave?

We're supposed to go to Judith's this morning. Geoff has a really, really bad cold and is off work and I hope asleep upstairs. The girls pulled an awake-and-screaming-giggling-talking stunt until midnight. They woke four or five times after to nurse. Thomas bounced into our bedroom at seven sharp this morning to wake me and both girls, who were not happy about it.

I would really like to give Geoff the opportunity to sleep and rest, and am thinking about the half-hour trip with the stroller, carrying or pushing three of the four children. It's supposed to be 3C with afternoon showers. Would it be really wimpy to ask my Mum to drive the boys over and back? That seems wrong. Maybe I'll be able to nap for half an hour this afternoon? I really want the kids to get out of the house today so we don't watch videos all day....

Right now (well, not right now because I'm typing and so tired I can't see straight) I'm reading Nigel Slater's Kitchen Diaries 2, Girls on the Edge, and  The Brain that Changes Itself.

No comments: