Monday, March 18, 2013

Menu planning

For the week. When I asked Cynthia for suggestions, she got this distant, glum expression (we'd been talking about everything the kids are refusing to eat) and said, "Pizza, pizza, pizza, mac'n'cheese, pizza, spaghetti".

In spite of that, and my horrible headache and near-total lack of sleep, I think we'll have:

Smoked duck and parmesan risotto
Ground beef and zucchini and rice
Frozen pizza
Homemade mac'n'cheese (Friday)


And tonight is going to be sausage sandwiches with roasted zucchini and carrots and oven fries. I might make some kind of pureed vegetable soup later, because it is a very good way to eat a lot of vegetables, and we live in imminent danger of scurvy around here. I really want a) Spring and spring veg b) time to buy those vegetables, c) energy and enthusiasm to cook them and be okay with most of the family refusing to eat them.

How come we did four loads of laundry yesterday and I still have four to do today? Why?

2 comments:

so many things to love... said...

How about hamburgers???

lissla lissar said...

I've never done hamburgers indoors. It sort of goes under 'annoyingly difficult' for me, because you usually have to do a bunch of different garnishes and a side dish, but I guess I could just do oven fries or something. Cook the burgers on the stove top?