Sunday, April 28, 2013

Book list

I've just started the sequel to The Name of the Wind, called A Wise Man's Fear. I'm also starting a couple of books on difficult children and ADD and stuff, and I am mentally composing a list of books I want to get, and thinking about the history of education.

I want:
Several field guides to local wild plants and insects
A Light in the Attic. I recited a couple of Shel Silverstein poems to Nat and then was made to repeat them several hundred times, so I think we have a winner. He's not my favourite poet but Nat likes grotesque things.
For the Children's Sake, by Susan Schaeffer Macaulay


I'm trying to think of other things about the history of education and educational theories. I've got Real Learning and Designing Your Own Classical Curriculum and something like Homeschooling for Dummies but I think I want more grounding in history and theory- suggestions?

No comments: