Wednesday, April 24, 2013

conversation with Alicia

First, thank you Amy and Alicia for being willing to talk to me today and keep me alive. This is not a good day. Second, I was talking to Alicia about not getting anything done today because I am so very tired and brain dead and full of not working, and she said that it's amazing how much you're actually doing, as a SAHM, even on the days when you have lowered your expectations to almost zero. And it's true. So, today, in spite of near-total sleep loss for several days, I have:

Run two loads of laundry and folded two others
Nursed twins about fifty times.
Fed everyone breakfast, lunch, and three snacks so far
Cleaned up after all that eating
Played playdough with the boys
Unloaded the dishwasher
Swept the floor about five times (it's still dirty)

Meals might be chicken nuggets and frozen pizza and goldfish crackers today, but at least we are eating. And, dammit, the toast from lunch was on homemade bread.

And tomorrow we'll have pasta with homemade meat sauce or something. Blah.

2 comments:

Melanie Bettinelli said...

I feel you. After yesterday's expedition to the MFA, I had a day when I wanted to just curl up in bed all day. I'm actually not sure what the kids had for lunch. Did they eat lunch? I vaguely remember slicing some cheese and handing out crackers. Maybe Anthony had some bread and butter? (Bread from the store, I haven't baked in days.) This afternoon I fell asleep on the couch after the read-aloud/nursing session. Woke up way too late and had to rush to get dinner on the table late. Oh well. We survived. And Ben even ate dinner since I made salmon cakes, which is one of the few meat dishes he'll eat.

And now I have a mysterious pain in my knee and ankle. I hope you all get a better night's sleep tonight.

lissla lissar said...

We definitely have 'slice cheese and hand round crackers' lunches. I think I'm going to wear earplugs and just let the girls scream at night while my husband and boys are away this weekend. It will be brutal but even though they're night-weaned they've just substituted cuddling every hour and I am literally starting to slide into depression. They can sleep and I need them to get the message.