Monday, April 08, 2013

I think we may have already done school today?

We read two stories (one of them Mike Mulligan and his Steam Shovel) and looked up what feathers are made of and what their parts are (although I must say the Eyewitness book was a little sketchy on details) so we now know the difference between body feathers and wing feathers, and will look at feathers on the ground and try to decide where on the bird they came from.

The boys went out with my parents this morning so I had a flash of enthusiasm and reorganized the whole downstairs. I'm still pondering toy organizing strategy. It should make the kids want to use the toys, and make them easy to put away. This is complex. Later I will provide photographs of the livingroom and boys' room to ask for advice (besides 'throw out all the toys', which sometimes seems reasonable).

3 comments:

Stuart said...

I enjoyed assuring someone at work that there was no down on a bird's wing. (Which, in fairness, I suspect to be true, but have not confirmed)

They caught on to my mendacity when I insisted that there was only 'up' on wings.

lissla lissar said...

Geoff still likes that ad you read that described an apartment as 'specious'.

Stuart said...

And it was!