Sunday, April 21, 2013

Silly me

Why was I intimidated by homemade Larabars? They are so complicated. You-  follow me carefully here- put dried fruit in the food processor and turn it on! And then, when it's all pasty, you add nuts! And then turn it back on until everything is all chopped up. And then put it in a pan.

So hard.

I may have found my shelf-stable easy-for-babies healthy snack. I did prunes and apricot and almond this time, but I think you could use any sticky dried fruit and any nuts. And I'm thinking cocoa powder, milk powder, coconut, and other fun add-ins.

In other news the girls didn't sleep last night between eleven and two and I am not here today. I may have said many bad and despairing words last night, because I wanted to go to church today. Instead we will have naan pizza for dinner and no effort from parents today. Geoff is also feeling awful. There is no bounce from us today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somewhere back in blog history (maybe a month ago) you mentioned that someone had recommended Patrick Rothfuss' The Name of the Wind. I picked it up based on that and I have to second the recommendation. I can't put it down. Which is good because there's a waiting list at the library for it so I can't renew it and have to finish it in under 3 weeks. And it's not a short book. It wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for, you know, work and life and stuff. But the fact that it's so good makes me think I'll get through it. Pick it up when you can!
-taxi

lissla lissar said...

I've actually read it- Geoff made me. And now he's not finished The Wise Man's Fear and I can't read it until he's done. Geoff says that when reading The Name of the Wind Pat Rothfuss became his favourite fantasy writer, ever.

The third book in the trilogy is done but not published yet.