Friday, June 07, 2013

Seven Quick Takes: I'm starving edition

1.  I want cookies for breakfast so badly that I might make them. Chocolate chip and peanut butter m&m's.

2. I also want to make an icebox cake.



Maybe not that one- one with strawberries and lemon curd?

3. All the granola I make is now cocoa. I don't like breakfast cereal much, but it's the fastest option, and I'd rather eat homemade granola. So mine has oatmeal and cocoa and lots of nuts, plus chocolate chips. It's good but I'd still rather have a taco. Someday when the kids are bigger...

4. Thomas helped me make some peanut butter cocoa date ball things yesterday. We just dumped ingredients in the food processor, and I added almond flour until it all stuck together. They've been quite popular because my children are programmed to love anything with chocolate, or even the suggestion of chocolate.

5. Why can I think of so many fun things to bake and nothing for dinner? I think it's because right now the kids are hyper-picky (except for the babies) and Geoff is somewhat picky, and together it makes me want to lie down on the floor and cry instead of serving a) something that will be rejected or b) chicken nuggets again.

6. Things they will eat that aren't breaded chicken:

Noodles with cheese
Broccoli
Chili on rice (this is a recent thing for Nat and I am happy)
Ice cream for dinner (during dinner Nat memorably asked, "What is for dessert?")
Chicken stirfry
Korean keema (I think. We haven't had it in a while. Ground beef and some veg cooked with Korean flavourings like soy and pepper paste).


7.

The herb bed is coming along nicely. The sage, oregano, and lemon balm are plotting a strategic takeover, and my parsley is all flowery and spindly, so I might plant more. I go through a lot of parsley. The boys think it's awesome to go and pick herbs for dinner. Sadly the backyard pea plants were thoroughly trampled when they were making the acquaintance of the little girl in the adjoining backyard. Sigh. Still got the green beans and tomatoes...

No comments: