Saturday, June 01, 2013

The brownies are awesome

I wish I knew for sure what I did. I think it was about

3/4 c butter
4 eggs
1 c sugar

Melted the butter and beat in the eggs, and then added about 1 1/2 c almond meal (made by grinding almonds in my blender) and maybe half a cup of cocoa? Or so?  I added about half a cup of melted chocolate chips but i'm not convinced they were necessary. Mixed it until everything looked right and then spread it in a pan and baked it at 350F for maybe twenty-five minutes.

They are dense and moist and extremely chocolately and I really like them. Also they were easy.

Next I think I need to make more sticky toffee pudding gingerbread. I like it. Haven't had it in a while. And i want to bake bread, and I will as soon as it cools off a little. I am a bread snob, and I bought a loaf from a local cute bakery yesterday and it was five bucks for a small loaf, and I don't like it. They undersalt their bread. I need to bake my own bread (except for baguettes, which need to be done professionally) because I can't stand paying $5 for bread which doesn't meet my standards.


The girls both have fevers and were hyper-cranky and clearly feeling miserable this evening, so I'm hoping for an okay night, going to bed very early, and also hoping to make it to Mass tomorrow. That depends on how the girls do. Sigh.

No comments: