Thursday, July 04, 2013

A few things

I had the weirdest dream last night. I was dating Sherlock, which was all absurd and emotionally tense, and then I was on the run from his enemies (literally. I did a lot of running), and was hiding out in a secretarial building that happened to have room with a lot of hospital beds. I don't get it.

Thomas and I watched a bumblebee collecting nectar and pollen on the weekend. We saw a blue jay in the yard a couple of days ago. It's been a good nature-watching week.

Dinner last night was I'm-too-tired-to-order takeout, and it was ground beef, chopped kale, sweet potatoes, with Korean flavouring (soy sauce, hot pepper paste, sesame oil, a spoon of sugar). It was really good. We are on a dinner winning streak this week.
Nat has been playing frantically with the gears set, and has figured out how to do ninety-degree power transference. I would love to find a similar set with differently sized gears, but this one is fine, and he's having fun. We talked about how something he made was similar to how water wheels and millwheels worked.


No comments: