Saturday, September 21, 2013

Profit!!!

I have just discovered that fruitcake sells online for more than $50, and I am wondering if I should drop all my current life plans and go into the enormously profitable Fruitcake Industry.

This is not what my fruitcake looks like
No, probably not, although I now feel inspired to start collection fruitcake ingredients. I didn't make it last year, and I miss it. Breakfast of champions. Okay, afternoon snack of champions. With really old cheddar. I think this year I'm going to use raisins, some preserved peel, ginger, dried cherries, pecans, and maybe hazelnuts. No glace cherries, although I will try not to overwhelm with dried cherries this year. I made one batch that was good but kind of intensely sour.

I think it's because it's cooler and rainy. It suddenly feels like just-before-Advent and time for me to start baking.

No comments: