Friday, October 04, 2013

Batch cooking

The white sauce became cheese sauce, and the other is sort of ratatouille, which will be sauce or foundation for a lot of meals. I'm using part of it to cook some chicken breasts for dinner tonight, but a lot of it will be frozen. We should get about ten meals out of this quantity. Ten meals for six people. The ratatouille is mostly made out of things Cynthia and I have frozen- red peppers, zucchini, and roasted tomatoes. The herbs in it are from my garden. I feel slightly better abotu giving in to several weeks of Nat's begging and buying corn dogs, because lo, I have cooked vegetables! The only problem is that I was also going to bake bread and I didn't. Maybe tomorrow.

Behind the sauces is an eye of round I'm going to pot roast and pull and freeze. All sorts of good stuff.

No comments: