Thursday, October 24, 2013

I win!

I think I may finally have won the battle with whatever horrible stomach flu/GI thing has been plaguing our household. Thomas and I got it Sunday night and Geoff got it Monday. We've spent the past four days lying on couches, putting on videos, saying 'Okay', listlessly when our children ask if they can ravage the arrowroot cookies box. I was better for a little while on Tuesday during the appointment and became miserably ill again after. Geoff just left for his first day of work this week. Hooray.

In about an hour I'll see if I'm up to hauling all the kids over to Judith's for a much-needed bit of recreation, and contemplate the wreck that the house and house discipline has become. I don't think the kids are going to like leaving the all-cookies-and-chips diet to which they have become accustomed. I think there may be mutiny.

Can I do it? The girls and boys very kindly let me check the progress of my recovery by getting me up every hour or half hour all night. Am I mentally equipped to dress the children? Do they need clothes? It's only -1C outside!

No comments: