Monday, November 18, 2013

Delicious hamburgers

We had delicious hamburgers and fries for lunch and then couldn't eat anything for the rest of the day. Even me. I also had a salted caramel and nutella milkshake. And then passed out on my cousin's couch in blissful adult solitude, and when I woke up Geoff and I watched Whedon's Much Ado About Nothing, which was lots of fun.

My aunt leaves today, and we return to a two-adult household. I will probably be cranky, but I feel so, so much more relaxed than before she got here. I was about to implode from illness, sleep loss, and stress, and I have just had two weeks with about two-thirds of my child care and household responsibilities assumed by someone else. Plus two long stretches of time with my husband, puttering and eating and talking. So now I think I can manage.

And that's good, because one of the exciting things that happened last Monday is that our washing machine broke and flooded the basement, four inches deep. Yay! But it's okay! We had just bought a wet/dry vac and Lynn put it together and cleared out the basement. Our landlords are in Mexico and won't replace it for a week. We can run laundry, someone just has to sit in the basement and babysit the washer so it doesn't flood. This is going to be fun!

No comments: