Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pancakes for lunch

Made pancakes for lunch with all children helping, and then had a Thomas-meltdown because his butter disappeared. Ignored him. Took Elizabeth's away when she threw them- am bad mommy and she was STARVING and I am DEPRIVING her.

Right now I am telling the boys not to lick each other and that mommy needs to be left alone for a minute. While I was showering this morning the boys came up to tell me they were in the basement (not allowed), and it was messy (thanks) and that they were building shotguns (??!!!???!!!).

We've made a fort in the middle of the living room. I am adjusting to being alone with all kids again. Read a lot of an Eyewitness book about mythology this morning, and re-watched The Scared is Scared. Nat's a bit worried about Tibetan demons but liked getting the Greek and Roman myth references.

I am looking forward to nap time. a lot. But I'm okay enough that I actually cooked lunch and read and played this morning. We are going to be okay even if my aunt has gone home wahahahahahaha...


ETA: I just realised it's the Feast of Christ the King this Sunday, which means I should really start the Christmas planning. Really. Now.

No comments: