Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Sleep training

We are trying to re-re-re-re-completely night wean the girls, and right now, at almost one in the morning, with at least one of them screaming since nine-thirty and no real end in sight- I am not sure right now that it is worth it. I probably only think so because it's been three and a half hours, and I am probably not going to sleep tonight. I am doing disaster planning in my head, and trying to figure out if there's any way on earth that I can possibly get a nap tomorrow. I will probably bake bread so we have something to eat, and I will not leave the house, because getting all the kids into their winter gear will make me kill them.

I normally go to bed at nine or nine-thirty. Geoff gets up at five. The alarm will go off repeatedly at five, and whether or not I have slept, I will probably hate and want to break it.

I guess I could re-watch the new episode of Sherlock, but even that pales in comparison with my longing for bed. It's particularly bad because I didn't really sleep last night, either. Everything is starting to get floaty and fuzzy.

I should probably go back upstairs and cuddle them, put them back in their cribs, and then lie around listening to them. At least I'll be horizontal.

3 comments:

Willa said...

Hi Lissla,
So glad you are blogging again!

lissla lissar said...

So glad to see you here!

Emily said...

Oh sleep training - something I dread. Good luck!!