2. It's been warm enough to turn the kids out in the yard a couple of times this week. Sweet relief. I am frantically planning a whole spring/summer/fall spent outside, where the kidlets can run.
3. Nat and I finished The Magician's Nephew this week, and Nat voted to re-read The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe before starting The Horse and His Boy. I'm still not sure whether it should be Horse or Prince Caspian next. My feeling is that Shasta and Aravis should wait, and we should keep going to the Pevensies' next adventure.
4. World's cutest little Vikings
5. While the girls napped this afternoon I pulled out the non-washable finger paints. THE NON WASHABLE FINGER PAINTS. I think I deserve a medal and also a drink. We've done two whole crafts this week, both really messy. I think someone should maybe canonize me. We'll ignore that I'm not dead, because the next craft will probably finish me off. They mixed all the colours. They get very Abstract Impressionist with painting.
|Notice how all the colours have added up to brown?|
7. I have just today felt a sudden sense of urgency about planning for next year. I don't know what's causing it- maybe spring?- but I think I will maybe do some reviewing of accomplishments for this year, and tentatively feel out new areas for over the summer and next fall. I don't think we're going to take 'time off', because really, I don't think anyone around here is being overstrained academically, unless five minutes of reading aloud is torture.