Monday, June 16, 2014

I'm done, right?

The problem with the chirpy exhortations to get up really early and get a start on your day is that if I actually do it, by about ten I am ready to go back to bed. I've been awake since five-thirty, and I've got four loaves of bread in the oven and have baked two coffee cakes for Geoff, started the laundry, and listened to Nat read three board books aloud.

I've also unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher and worked on the grocery list, prayed for a friend's mum, and noticed we are nearly out of insulin pen tips and also need some more pencil crayons. Oh, and worked on the Costco list and decided to clean out the freezer. Why do we have so many frozen blueberries? No one in the house loves blueberries. If I make a crumble or something everyone will complain.

So, since I have gotten so much accomplished already I am clearly justified in going back to bed and letting the kids take care of themselves. Right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can you hide the frozen blueberries in a smoothie?? We buy frozen raspberries. Those are a hit! Just discovered your post. Thanks for sharing!