Tuesday, June 03, 2014

We've located the right type of monkey for the girls




For the girls to go live with, that is. Here:

"Youngsters often take food items from their parents' mouths." There. Got it. They'll fit right in.
New family, Mim! Look how cute!

We had a good time at the zoo. I only took the boys, but now we're committed, because we have a membership. I am not eager to do it with all the kids on my own, although I think I could, but it's totally doable with either two children or two or more adults.

Thomas wanted to hug a peacock. There was a lot of arguing about why peacocks didn't need hugs, and why the boys couldn't climb into the gorilla enclosure. And we saw the baby gorilla!

See Thomas menace a peacock. Lovingly. Okay, I know that's a peahen. Whatever.

Thomas and the scarlet beaked ibises

Tiny baby gorilla and mama




2 comments:

Melanie Bettinelli said...

Baby gorillas are the best.

lissla lissar said...

It was so cute! The boys were very impressed with the gorilla's climbing enclosure, and upset that I wouldn't let them in to play with the gorillas.

I think this trip was really all about monkeys and apes. Maybe next time we can see more quadrupeds.