Sunday, August 03, 2014

Linking up with Catholic All Year

Just for fun.

1. What do you still want to do this summer?

Sleep would be nice. I'd like to take the kids to the zoo a couple more times. I don't really have any big plans.







2. What's your favorite kind of pie?

Lemon meringue or possibly raspberry. Hard to pick. I'm not really a pie girl, thought. I like cake a lot better. And crumble. I have two types of crumble sitting on the stove waiting for breakfast- strawberry and cherry.

3. How much sleep do you need each day? How much do you get?


I need seven or eight uninterrupted hours. I get an hour, and then an interruption, and then two hours, and then maybe four. Or something. I have twin toddlers undergoing a sleep regression. Some nights a good, and a lot are... pretty bad.

4. Do you prefer to swim in a pool, lake, river, or ocean?

Pool. I am afraid of sharks and mermaids.


5. Do you know any poems by heart?

Lots and lots. I memorized half of T.S. Eliot's Four Quartets, and some other Eliot, some Donne, Jabberwocky, To His Coy Mistress, some Tennyson. Some of it I've deliberately memorized, and some I just picked up. I've got part of Tolkien's Earendil poem in my head by accident. I have a good memory for words that rhyme.


6. Do you use the public library?


Yes. And then I pay library fines because of laziness, lots of kids, and living a mile on foot from the library plus living in Canada. You get out of the house in December when it's -20 to go take your books back. Uuuurgh.

No comments: