Tuesday, July 07, 2015

Planning for a trip

I'm making a mental list of all the things to prep for tomorrow's zoo trip. It's miserable today- hot and rainy and awful- but tomorrow will be cool and sunny and perfect. So I am going to haul my whiny children out of bed early, force them into their clothes, and take them off on a trip. On the glorious, hour-long bus ride. Yay.

So I need food and clothes and everything all prepared today, so tomorrow morning I can leave knowing that I've probably only forgotten two or three essential things. Such a relief. I have to make peanut butter sandwiches and I have peanut butter balls already made, and chop carrots and cucumber in the vain hope the kids will touch a vegetable while we're out. I'll fill water bottles and freeze them, repack all the band-aids in my purse, and make sure I eat a very protein heavy breakfast, because I know from bitter experience that cheerios before a trip make me into an evil whiny toddler by about ten. Plus sunscreen and pull ups and a Very Cheerful Attitude, which will last almost half an hour into the actual zoo trip. So we can return tired and sunburned and tired, and come home and flop on the couch.

No comments: